I can’t take full credit for what I’m going to show you today as I first saw something similar on Jayne Mercer’s blog here (on 8/8/08) and she found it here on Josee Smuck’s site. It got me thinking about adapting the pattern so you could pick up the ribbon handle and take the whole thing instead of just the lid. (I could see that happening anyway so maybe someone else could too). So my idea was to move the handle but I also thought about making the lid as one with the box. I also wanted to be able to fit some standard size cards into the bag.
Before I had time to fiddle with this, as I did all those other projects first, I came across an adaptation to the original Bag that Carol Dunstan had made here. Carol had the same idea as me of relocating the handle onto the base of the bag and also increasing the size to fit our cards. However I hadn’t worked out how I was going to do my ribbon relocation as yet, so I’ve pinched that idea from Carol, I’m sure she won’t mind.
So on Sunday I spent some time adapting the original tutorial by Josee Smuck so that it would fit our sized cards and gave it a flip lid. This is how it turned out.
And with the lid open
I still want to tweak this a little bit more but overall I’m happy with the end result. I should be able to fit 6 cards and envelopes in this comfortably. Guess I need to make some cards to match to put inside now….
In case you were wondering, there is not stamping at all on this bag.
Card: Fall Flowers DSP, Bashful Blue
Accessories: Antique Brass Hodgepodge, Bashful Blue Striped Ribbon, Round Tab Punch, 1 1/4″ circle punch.