Daily Archives: January 5, 2013

2 posts

Inkspirational Challenge Week 1 EOWE

If you popped by last Thursday you would have read my post about the new Challenge Blog “Inkspirational” which I am part of the Design Team for. In that post I also mentioned that the Challenges will go live on Wednesday (11pm Sydney time) and that there would be another post on Saturday (11pm Sydney time). The Saturday post is called an ‘End of Week Encouragement’ (hence the abbreviation in my title EOWE) and will be a reminder about the challenge and showcase cards from the design team that weren’t scheduled for that week. Basically if we wanted to participate in the challenge but it wasn’t our week we would be showcased in this post.

So week 1 wasn’t my designated week and therefore my creation is shown today.

Here’s the Challenge again.

 

 

We have a sponsor this month and they are ‘A Day for Daisies’.

Here is my creation for the challenge.

 

I’ve used a sponsor image on my card called ‘Cherry Blossom Cluster’. I’ve printed the image onto Express-It Card and coloured with Copic Markers. Copic colours used are YG25, RV14, RV17 & RV19.

The image has then been cut out and layered using the Window Framelits. The Basic Black layer has also been paper-pierced using the coordinating Paper-piercing template.

 The base card is Basic Black which I have added a layer of Lucky Limeade to. I have then added 2 pieces of Rose Red print DSP from the Floral District Pack. I chose to make my card a Mother’s Day card and hopefully get a little more organised this year . I’ve layered the sentiment onto a Modern Label Punch piece after punching the sentiment out using the Word Window Punch. I then added 2 tiny pearls to the sentiment piece to tie it together with the pearls I’ve added to the image and on the base card layers.

 To complete the inside of the card I reduced the image and printed onto Express-It Card in the bottom right corner. I’ve coloured again using the same markers as listed above.  I’ve layered this piece onto a piece of Lucky Limeade before adhering to the inside of the card.

I’m really happy how this card turned out. I think this is my first time using a digital image and I love how I was able to resize the design to fit my requirements.

 You only have a few days left to participate in this weeks challenge so get creating and pop on over the the Inkspirational Blog and upload the link to your creation.

 Supplies: (all products Stampin’ Up unless specific otherwise)
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Sentiments, Cherry Blossom Cluster (A Day for Daisies)
Card: Basic Black, Lucky Limeade, Floral District DSP, Express-It Card
Ink: Lucky Limeade
Accessories: Window Framelits, Word Window & Modern Label Punches, Basic Jewels – Pearls, Festive Paper-Piercing Pack, Piercing Tool & Mat, Copic Markers (Non-SU)

 

Product Playground Part 2

I’m back today to share another one of my Product Playground creations with you.

I combined 2 stamp sets and I could stretch it and say 2 techniques but they actually combine to make one.

I’ve used the Snowflake Soiree and Bells and Boughs stamp sets. I’ve then used some heat embossing and brayering which combine to make the Emboss Resist Technique.

Here’s what I came up with.

I’ve stamped the snowflakes onto Whisper White cardstock using Versamark ink and heat embossed with Clear Embossing Powder. I then brayered over the images going diagonally across the card, firstly using Pool Party and then with Island Indigo (not going quite as far across the card). This gives the colour variance and being on Whisper White card rather than gloss gives a more subtle mottled effect.

I’ve added some Rhinestones to 2 of the snowflakes to add a bit of sparkle. The sentiment if from Bells & Boughs which is stamped in Island Indigo onto Whisper White card and punched out using the Wide Oval punch. I’ve layered this onto a Rich Razzleberry piece cut using the Sizzlits- Lots of Tags dies. This is then adhered to the Brayered piece using Dimensionals. The base card is Island Indigo which has a layer of Whisper White card before mounting the main piece.

I know this was a stretch with using Bells & Boughs stamp set but I found it a hard one to use with brayering techniques.

 I have one more project to share with you tomorrow so pop back then to check it out.