Bags & Boxes

2 posts

Secret Sister – October items.

October was the final month for the swap. Juliette had now updated her questionnaire with her favourite DSP and stamp set. Unfortunately for me it’s a DSP I’m not really wrapped in so didn’t have any of it and I don’t have the stamp set and wasn’t intending on purchasing, at least not right now. What to do???? Luckily for me my lovely upline, Marelle Taylor, had a small portion of the DSP which I gladly traded for the Tissue Box Cover she commissioned me to make for her recently.  Now what to make with it.

On Juliette’s wish list was the lovely Christmas set – Bells & Boughs. I love this set myself so knew as soon as I saw it on the list that it was one of the items I’d use for her final gift. This is how I packed the stamp set.

That ‘small’ portion of DSP I mentioned was 1 x 6” x 12” piece of each print. This meant I was limited at times but I think I adapted this piece okay. The back of the box base is decorated the same (minus the bow of course). The back of the lid is blank.

I then made a card to co-ordinate with this box using up a small remaining piece of this pattern along with a small piece of another print.

Supplies:
Stamp sets: Tea Shoppe, Papillon Potpourri, Heard from the Heart (retired)
Card: Pacific Point, Whisper White, International Bazaar DSP
Ink: Pool Party, Tangerine Tango
Accessories: Tangerine Tango Scallop Dots Ribbon, Scallop Square, 1 1/4” Square & Elegant Butterfly Punches, Basic Jewels – Rhinestones, Stamp-a-ma-jig.

The rest of Juliette’s gift was a pack of the new Kraft Gift Boxes and Vintage Faceted Designer Buttons. I was going to make up a box but due to the size I would need to make a 12” x 12” piece of cardstock for the base would just not do it. In the end I decided the best way was to use a white paper carry bag and decorate it. So that’s what I did and this is the end result.

Again I had to work with the size of the DSP I had but I really like how this turned out. I cut a piece of Daffodil Delight 0.5cm wider on each side and then 1cm wider on each side in Rich Razzleberry.  I used the Daydream Medallion Stamp set and Floral Frames Framelits to make the flower embellishment.

 

 

For my final card I used the left over DSP from the bag and came up with this.

A very simple card but hopefully Juliette still liked it.

Supplies:
Stamp sets: Daydream Medallion, Word Play
Card: Rich Razzleberry, Daffodil Delight, Pool Party, Whisper White
Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Daffodil Delight, Pool Party, Versamark
Accessories: Floral Frames Framelits, Brights Designer Buttons, Whisper White Baker’s Twine, Big Shot, Stamp-a-ma-jig.

After finishing Juliette’s item using the International Bazaar DSP I had changed my mind slightly. I could see me using these prints again but it’s not enough yet to make my want a full pack of my own as I’m not sure I’d use the other prints.

Simply Scored

I was so excited to see the new Simply Scored Tool in our current Autumn/Winter mini and even more excited when I received my own. I love that it has even increments all the way across the board and the we also have the optional Metric Scoring Plate which has increments of 1cm and also 0.5cm (across half the board)  along with our other standard scoring measurements. It makes making boxes, bags and paper rosettes so much quicker and easier.

I demonstrated the Simply Scored Tool with the Metric Scoring Plate at a workshop this past Tuesday and showed the ladies how to make a quick bag and coordinating paper rosette.

This was my premade sample.

I’ve used the Cheerful Treat DSP (Hostess) along with some Bashful Blue Textured Cardstock for the top flap. I’ve shaped the top flap using the Framelits – Label Collection and added a Basic Jewels – Rhinestone to the paper rosette.

For my demonstration bag I decided to use a different DSP so the Hostess (who is a good friend) could take her pick. For this one I chose to use the Berry Blossoms DSP.

I think this was my favourite of the two and it was also the one she chose. Her reasoning being that she would normally make the first one but this one was a little different to her normal colour/style choices. I was just thankful I had my iPad with me so I could snap a shot to share with you all.

I’ve added a small strip of the DSP print I used for the paper rosette onto the bottom edge of the bag as I thought it just added that extra little bit. The top flap is Wisteria Wonder cardstock again shaped using the Framelits – Label Collection. This time I’ve added a Designer Printer Brad to the paper rosette.

This is just a sample of 1 type of bag/box that you can make quick and easily with the Simply Scored Tool. I’ll hopefully have more items to share with you made using this wonderful new tool we have available in the not too distant future.

Till next time….