October was the final month for the swap. Juliette had now updated her questionnaire with her favourite DSP and stamp set. Unfortunately for me it’s a DSP I’m not really wrapped in so didn’t have any of it and I don’t have the stamp set and wasn’t intending on purchasing, at least not right now. What to do???? Luckily for me my lovely upline, Marelle Taylor, had a small portion of the DSP which I gladly traded for the Tissue Box Cover she commissioned me to make for her recently. Now what to make with it.
On Juliette’s wish list was the lovely Christmas set – Bells & Boughs. I love this set myself so knew as soon as I saw it on the list that it was one of the items I’d use for her final gift. This is how I packed the stamp set.
That ‘small’ portion of DSP I mentioned was 1 x 6” x 12” piece of each print. This meant I was limited at times but I think I adapted this piece okay. The back of the box base is decorated the same (minus the bow of course). The back of the lid is blank.
I then made a card to co-ordinate with this box using up a small remaining piece of this pattern along with a small piece of another print.
Stamp sets: Tea Shoppe, Papillon Potpourri, Heard from the Heart (retired)
Card: Pacific Point, Whisper White, International Bazaar DSP
Ink: Pool Party, Tangerine Tango
Accessories: Tangerine Tango Scallop Dots Ribbon, Scallop Square, 1 1/4” Square & Elegant Butterfly Punches, Basic Jewels – Rhinestones, Stamp-a-ma-jig.
The rest of Juliette’s gift was a pack of the new Kraft Gift Boxes and Vintage Faceted Designer Buttons. I was going to make up a box but due to the size I would need to make a 12” x 12” piece of cardstock for the base would just not do it. In the end I decided the best way was to use a white paper carry bag and decorate it. So that’s what I did and this is the end result.
Again I had to work with the size of the DSP I had but I really like how this turned out. I cut a piece of Daffodil Delight 0.5cm wider on each side and then 1cm wider on each side in Rich Razzleberry. I used the Daydream Medallion Stamp set and Floral Frames Framelits to make the flower embellishment.
For my final card I used the left over DSP from the bag and came up with this.
A very simple card but hopefully Juliette still liked it.
Stamp sets: Daydream Medallion, Word Play
Card: Rich Razzleberry, Daffodil Delight, Pool Party, Whisper White
Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Daffodil Delight, Pool Party, Versamark
Accessories: Floral Frames Framelits, Brights Designer Buttons, Whisper White Baker’s Twine, Big Shot, Stamp-a-ma-jig.
After finishing Juliette’s item using the International Bazaar DSP I had changed my mind slightly. I could see me using these prints again but it’s not enough yet to make my want a full pack of my own as I’m not sure I’d use the other prints.